Pilates is so much more than just exercises and choreography
The Pilates method is an exercise/ movement technique that integrates the use of mind and body to create overall benefits. Anyone can call themselves a Pilates teacher, but being a great Pilates teacher requires a combination of many things including specific training, qualifications, knowledge and experience, along with a genuine passion for what they do.
Being a member of a related professional association also gives you reassurance that an Instructor is a suitably qualified, insured and committed professional, and that you’re therefore in safe hands.
Being a REP’s (Register of Exercise Professionals) member for example means that an Instructor:
- Holds recognised and approved qualifications
- Meets agreed National Occupational Standards
- Is recognised as industry professional
- Is committed to ongoing professional development
- Is legally covered to practice by appropriate insurance
- Adheres to a Code of Ethical Conduct